Social and Culture
- This visa is issued by the Indonesian Embassy to applicants who are going to Indonesia for a social/cultural visit, such as visiting relatives/friends; social organizations; exchange visits between educational institutions; undertaking research and attending training programme in Indonesia.
- Type of entry :
- Maximum length of stay is 30 days.
- Extensions can be applied for and obtained in Indonesia from the Immigration Authorities.
- The multiple entries need special permit from the Immigration Office in Indonesia.
Approval from the Immigration Office in Indonesia is needed for applicants who wish to stay longer than 30 days which must be applied for by the applicant’s sponsor/relative/friends who reside/base in Indonesia. Visa will only be issued by the Embassy after receiving the authorization direct from the Immigration office in Indonesia.
- A person granted a student, research or training visa is not permitted to take up employment, and may not remain in Indonesia for any purpose other than that for which the visa was granted.
For visiting relatives / friends / social and the organizations in Indonesia
- A letter of invitation from the applicant’s family/relatives/friends/social organizations in Indonesia, and copy of their passport (main details only) or ID (KTP).
- A letter of registration from the institution/college/school in Indonesia verifying the duration and nature of the course, training or research.